On site, the ECHOS staff provides clients with
• Application assistance – helping clients complete applications for access to health and social services provided by the Harris County Hospital District, the State of Texas Medicaid programs and CHIP;
• Along with volunteers, they do vision screenings that lead to referrals for eye examinations and prescription eyeglasses;
• And they refer clients to appropriate service providers – both on the ECHOS campus and in the community. These include referrals for free pregnancy tests and prenatal care, for medical care and for needed social services.
On site. Community service providers offer clients
• Medical screenings for hypertension, diabetes, HIV and Hepatitis C, as well as screening mammograms. Those clients who are symptomatic are referred for appropriate treatment.
• Dental services on the University of Texas Dental Branch mobile van
• Immunizations for children and adults
• Emergency formula and food for infants (birth through 12 months)
• Food from an emergency, non-perishable food pantry
• Consultations with volunteer lawyers specializing in family and criminal law as well as immigration
The ECHOS staff also does off-site weekend application assistance events in schools and at a variety of community locations. Additionally we host and participate in several health fairs throughout the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday (8:00 am – 2:00 pm)
9600 S. Gessner (at Bissonnet). Building E
Houston, Texas 77071
Phone: 713-270-0369 Fax: 713-270-0570